So tiny, tender and clinging to life by the thinnest of threads, a preemie is a beautiful sight to behold or might be if you could actually see the baby behind the tubes and wires through your own swollen, bloodshot eyes. Her petite, delicate features cringe and twitch at a whiff of alcohol or the sound of an isolette port opening. Imagine the hours you'll spend sobbing at the bedside of this lifelike collectible preemie doll!
Now you can bring the NICU home with you. Brisk demand is expected because who wouldn't want to while away the days vibrating her chest to loosen the mucus in her lungs, examining her stomach contents for residuals, tickling her feet to startle her out of another apnea, and adjusting her O2 flow to turn her color from a grayish pallor to a well-oxygenated pink? Order now!
This exclusive collectible preemie doll features:
- Arm board to prevent doll from ripping out her central IV line during angry flailing
- Hep lock for swift delivery of life-saving medications
- Pulse oximeter to measure dangerously low concentrations of blood oxygen
- Lines delivering TPN and lipids, since the baby's gut is too immature to process even a few drops of breast milk
- CPAP mask pinned securely to hat to prevent baby's thrashing from dislodging it
- Putty-colored Groucho nose tape to protect from irritation by the CPAP mask
- Cloth shield to protect eyes from the violet glow of the bilirubin lights
- Leads that can be attached to a respiration/heart rate monitor (sold separately, requires 12 D batteries)
- Pacifier taped to CPAP mask to sedate baby with comforting non-nutritive sucking
- Disposable diaper roughly the size of your palm
- Bloodstained sock over a heel that's been pricked to the texture of raw hamburger